Follow us on Twitter Follow Us on Facebook
 
 

Cleveland Designated Landmarks
Property Detail

Building Name

St. Stephen Church

Address

1910-30 W 54

Architect

Cudell & Richardson

Date Built

1873-81

Engineer

Unknown

Landscape Architect

Unknown

PHOTOS

God the Father Enthrone above main altar, Artist - Bernard Schieldmaker; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Baldachin over altar; Artist - Bernard Schieldmaker; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

St. Casimir statue, Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Altar detail; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Altar and baldachin detail; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Altar detail; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Free standing pulpit; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Detail of pulpit; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Free standing pulpit; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Sanctuary lamp; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Cornerstone; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Communion rail; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Exterior of church; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Main entrance; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Pew detail; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Column and vaulting; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Organ loft; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Central aisle; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

St. Stephen's Church - West 54th Street - looking northwest

Stained glass window over entrance, Artist - Tim Barrett; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

St. Stephen Window, Artist - Mayer Company of Munich, installed 1907; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commisson
Click to enlarge

St. Stephen Window, Artist - Mayer Company of Munich, installed 1907; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commisson
Click to enlarge

St. Lawrence window, artist - Mayer Company of Munich, installed 1907; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Prodigal son window, Artist - Mayer Company of Munich, installed 1907; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Finding in the temple window, Artist - Mayer Company of Munich; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Finding in the Temple window; Artist - Mayer Company of Munich, installed 1907; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Finding in the Temple window; Artist - Mayer Company of Munich, installed 1907; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Stained glass windows; Artist - Mayer Company of Munich, installed 1907; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Stained glass windows; Artist - Mayer Company of Munich, installed 1907; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Stained glass windows; Artist - Mayer Company of Munich, installed 1907; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Resurrection, Artist - Mayer Company of Munich; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Pieta;, Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Pieta;, Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

St. Stephen Statue; Artist - Bernard Shieldmacher, Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Virgin's altar; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Functional gargoyle; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Southeast entrance; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Flying buttress; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

Church tower; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge

St. Joseph's Altar; Photo - Dan Musson, Landmarks Commission
Click to enlarge