Cudell and Richardson was active from 1871 to 1890. This firm designed commercial buildings and residences during the height of the Victorian era. It also designed several churches in Cleveland and surrounding communities, several of which had strong German congregations. It is best remembered for its large commercial buildings. These included the Root & McBride Building (1884), the George Worthington Company Building (1882), the Perry Payne Building (1889), the Beckmann Building (1888), and B.S. Hippler's Block.
The following are abbreviations used throughout the database
AABN – American Architect and Builders News (1876 – 1909) bp – City of Cleveland Building Permits (1889 – present) cd – City Directories mps – Mary Peale Schofield files – Western Reserve Historical Society Inland – Inland Architect Intestate – Interstate Architect and Builder (1899 – 1902) nd – no date NRHP – National Register of Historic Places OAB – Ohio Architect and Builder (1903 – 1909) OAEB – Ohio Architect, Engineer and Builder (1910 – 1919) ohi – Ohio Historical Inventory form PD – Plain Dealer