Birth/Established: 1871 Death/Dissolved: March 5, 1933
William Jansen was born in Cleveland. He began his career in the office of Cudell and Richardson. After Cudell left the firm he was associated with John N. Richardson. After Richardson's death in 1902 he went into practice for himself. He established a practice mostly known for the design of Roman Catholic churches and associated religious buildings. He lived at 1348 East 91st Street. A devout Roman Catholic he attended mass daily at St. Thomas Aquinas Church before going to the office. He was listed as a registered architect in the Ohio Architect November 1940 listing. He died in 1933 after a period of failing health. He is buried in Calvary Cemetery.
The following are abbreviations used throughout the database
AABN – American Architect and Builders News (1876 – 1909) bp – City of Cleveland Building Permits (1889 – present) cd – City Directories mps – Mary Peale Schofield files – Western Reserve Historical Society Inland – Inland Architect Intestate – Interstate Architect and Builder (1899 – 1902) nd – no date NRHP – National Register of Historic Places OAB – Ohio Architect and Builder (1903 – 1909) OAEB – Ohio Architect, Engineer and Builder (1910 – 1919) ohi – Ohio Historical Inventory form PD – Plain Dealer