Follow us on Twitter Follow Us on Facebook
 
 
  • Architect/Firm:  William Ferguson
  • Buildings
  • Sources

Return to List | Print View | Return to Landmarks Home Page

Name: William Stanley Ferguson

Birth/Established: May 8, 1880   Death/Dissolved: 1954

 

Firm Affiliation: Ferguson & Cameron

Biography:  
  William Stanley Ferguson was an architect, engineer, and inventor who was born in St. Thomas, Ontario and educated in the Cleveland Public Schools. He invented two-rope ore digging buckets, and the Ferguson Reinforced Dock, used throughout the United States. He became the President of the W. S. Ferguson Company in 1910. From 1924 to 1929 he was the Director of Public Service for the City of Cleveland, President and General Manager of the Memphis Hy-Lands Company, the Roland Realty Company, the Roland Improvement Company, the Weona Realty Company, and Steemoil Burner Company. He was Vice President of the Dock and Teminal Engineering Company. He was on the board of directors of the National Town and Country Club. He lived at 26151 Lake Shore Boulevard in 1930. His office was in the 1900 Euclid Building. He is listed as a registered architect in the November 1940 Ohio Architect list. 

 

Return to List | Print View | Return to Landmarks Home Page

Photo Exists Indicates a Photograph is available for that Building
(1024 x 768 monitor resolution required to view photos)
Building Name Date Address Status
1913

Marshalltown
unknown
1913
6815 Superior Avenue
Cleveland
Demolished
1913-4
1836 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland
Standing
1914
15112 St. Clair Avenue
Cleveland
Demolished
1915
6445 Detroit Avenue
Cleveland
Standing
1916
12819 Coit Road
Cleveland
Standing
1917
Hydraulic and East 61st
Cleveland
Demolished
1917
705 Lake Street
Kent
Demolished
1918
2785 - 95 Euclid Heights Boulevard
Cleveland Heights
Demolished
1918

Findlay
unknown
1918

Shenandoah
Unknown
1918
Euclid and East 123rd
Cleveland
Demolished
1919-20
3950 Prospect Avenue
Cleveland
Standing
1920
2502 - 54 Superior Avenue
Cleveland
Standing
1920
1220-6 Huron Road
Cleveland
Standing
1921
6820 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland
Demolished
1921
3800 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland
Standing
1922
14401 Detroit Avenue
Lakewood
Standing
1923
2000 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland
Demolished
1923
1001 Huron Road
Cleveland
Standing
1924
2515 Jay Avenue
Cleveland
Standing
1924
10401 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland
Standing
1925
1900 East 24th Street
Cleveland
Standing
1927
Coventry Road
Cleveland Heights
Standing
1929
1318 West 58th Street
Cleveland
Standing
1949
33487 Lake Road
Avon Lake
Unknown

Return to List | Print View | Return to Landmarks Home Page

Cleveland City Directories

Cleveland Necrology file - September 11, 1954

Rook Building Souvenir Book of Cleveland 1921

Who's Who in Ohio 1930 p48


Click for more Information on Abbreviations.