Follow us on Twitter Follow Us on Facebook
 
 
  • Architect/Firm:  Franz Warner
  • Buildings
  • Sources

Return to List | Print View | Return to Landmarks Home Page

Name: Franz Childs Warner

Birth/Established: September 6 1876   Death/Dissolved: 1947

 


Biography:  
  Franz Childs Warner was born in Painesville and graduated from Case School of Applied Science in 1900. He was listed in the Cleveland City Directories from 1906 to 1939. He began practicing architecture in 1898, originally working for Owsley & Boucherle of Youngstown. He was later associated with the firm of Frank Packard of Columbus. In 1908 he entered in business for himself in Cleveland. He had a deep interest in art and engineering. He added Walter R. McCornack to the firm in 1925 (Warner & McCornack) and later made George E Mitchell a partner in 1928 (Warner, McCornack & Mitchell). McCornack left the firm in late 1928 creating Warner and Mitchell from 1929 to 1939. He specialized in designing school buildings, having much work in Cleveland suburbs and surrounding towns. Ohio Governor John Bricker appointed him to the Ohio Board of Examiners of Architects, which he served from 1937 to 1947. According to census records, he lived at 2237 Demington in Cleveland Heights in 1920 and in Hunting Valley in 1930. He was a member of the American Institute of Architects, the American Federation of Art, the Cleveland Chamber of Commerce, the Old Colony Club, and the Cleveland Yacht Club. He was listed as a registered architect in the November 1940 Ohio Architect. 

 

Return to List | Print View | Return to Landmarks Home Page

Photo Exists Indicates a Photograph is available for that Building
(1024 x 768 monitor resolution required to view photos)
Building Name Date Address Status
1907

Painesville
Demolished
1908
Wade Park Allotment
Demolished
1908

Glenville
Demolished
1909
1503 East 106th Street
Cleveland
Standing
1909
1515 East 106th Street
Cleveland
Standing
1911
510 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland
Standing
1912
747 East 152nd Street
Cleveland
Standing
1913
291 East 222nd Street
Euclid
Standing
1913
3009 Fairfax Road
Cleveland Heights
Standing
1914
7482
Center Street Mentor
Standing
1915-6
25 Public Square
Willoughby
Standing
1915-7
2165 Adelbert Road
Cleveland
Demolished
1917

Willoughby
Demolished
1917
off Shaker Boulevard
Shaker Heights
Demolished
1917

Cleveland Heights
Demolished
1917

Cleveland Heights
Demolished
1917

Akron
Demolished
1917
Old River Bed
Cleveland
Demolished
1917

Willoughby
Demolished
1917

Toledo
Unknown
1917

Willoughby
Demolished
1918

Cleveland Heights
Demolished
1918-9
15400 South Woodland
Shaker Heights
Standing
1920
921 Huron Road
Cleveland
Standing
1921
2405 Roxboro Road
Cleveland Heights
Standing
1921

Lorain
Standing
1921
Main & Walnut
Oberlin
Standing
1924
1227 Ansel Road
Cleveland
Standing
1925
6700 Lansing Ave
Cleveland
Demolished
1925
6700 Lansing Ave
Cleveland
Demolished
1925
2001 West 65th Street
Cleveland
Standing
1926

Hudson
Demolished
1927
444 N. Main Street
Akron
Standing
1927

Demolished
1927

Brecksville
Demolished
1935

Oberlin
Standing
nd

Painesville
Demolished
nd

not built
nd
109 Richmond Street
Painesville
Demolished
nd
116 North St. Clair
Painesville
Demolished
nd
209 West Washington Street
Painesville
Demolished
nd

Painesville
Demolished

Return to List | Print View | Return to Landmarks Home Page

Album: This Cleveland of Ours 1933 The S.J. Clarke Publishing Co.p614

Avery, Elroy McKendree; Cleveland and its Environs p 345

Necrology file died 5 May 1963 Plain Dealer

Orth, Samuel; A History of Cleveland, Ohio v II p 191-2

Progressive Men of Northern Ohio p 222

Who's Who in Ohio 1930


Click for more Information on Abbreviations.