Downtown\Flats Design Review Committee & City Planning Commission
Agenda for September 2 & 3, 2010
starts at 9:30 a.m.,
in Room 514 at City Hall.
DESIGN REVIEW COMMITTEE
Draft Agenda for September 2, 2010
Fred Holman, Architect
Bruce Jackson, Architect
Rory Turner, Architect
Hector Vega, Artist
Barbara Williams, Resident
Tom Yablonsky, Planner
Thomas Zarfoss, Landscape Architect
Jennifer Coleman, Architect (Chair)
Melanie Boyd, Architect
Charles Bredt, Local Business Representative
Craig Brown, Landscape Architect
Keith Brown, Realtor
Thom Geist, Local Business Representative
Jack Bialosky, Architect
Andrew Blank, Interior Designer
starts at 9:00 a.m.,
in Room 514 at City Hall.
CITY PLANNING COMMISSION
Draft Agenda for September 3, 2010
Planning Commission Members
Gloria Jean Pinkney
Robert N. Brown
Anthony J. Coyne, Chairman
David H. Bowen
Lawrence A. Lumpkin
ZONING MAP AMENDMENT
- Ordinance No. 1076-10 (Ward 3/Cimperman): Changing the Use District of land located near the southwest corner of Rowley Avenue and West 11th Street from Two Family Residential to Local Retail Business (Map Change No. 2336; Sheet No. 6).
- Resolution No. 1078-10: Approving the City’s participation in and formation of the City of Cleveland-First Suburbs Development Council Advanced Energy Special Improvement District; authorizing the execution and delivery of a Petition and approving the Petition, Articles of Incorporation, and Initial Plan of the City of Cleveland-First Suburbs Development Council Advanced Energy Special Improvement District; and declaring an emergency.
- Ordinance No. 1035-10 (Ward 3/Cimperman): Determining the method of making the public improvement of constructing, rehabilitating, renovating, or otherwise improving Public Auditorium, including site improvements and appurtenances; authorizing the Director of Parks, Recreation and Properties to enter one or more contracts for the making of the improvements; to employ one or more architectural, landscape architectural or engineering firms and other consultants to provide professional services necessary to provide review and evaluation services relating to the improvement; and authorizing the Director to enter into one or more contracts for the making of the improvement to Public Auditorium, for the Department of Parks, Recreation and Properties.
- Ordinance No. 1036-10 (Ward 5/Cleveland): Authorizing the Director of Parks, Recreation and Properties to lease certain property north of Otter Avenue, between East 81st Street and East 82nd Street to Rid-all Exterminating & General Contracting Corporation, Damien Forshe, President, or its designee, for the purpose of installing and urban agricultural training center and associated uses, for a term of five years.
- Ordinance No. 1027-10 (Ward 6/Mitchell): Authorizing the Director of Public Utilities to transfer Permanent Parcel No. 129-05-048 located on Mt. Overlook Avenue to the control, possession, and use of the Department of Community Development for redevelopment purposes.
- Ordinance No. 1047-10 (Ward 12/Brancatelli): Authorizing the Commissioner of Purchases and Supplies to sell City-owned property no longer needed for public use at East 73rd Street and Carson Avenue to Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority, for purposes of residential development. [Administratively approved 1047-10]
- Ordinance No. 1046-10 (Ward 1/Pruitt): An emergency ordinance authorizing the sale of real property as part of the Land Reutilization Program and located at 4798 East 178th Street to Theoderus Bennett.
- Ordinance No. 1073-10 (Ward 2/Reed): An emergency ordinance authorizing the sale of real property as part of the Land Reutilization Program and located at 10805 Nelson Avenue to Ella M. Settles.
- Ordinance No. 1074-10 (Ward 1/Pruitt): An emergency ordinance authorizing the sale of real property as part of the Land Reutilization Program and located at 16320-22 Telfair Avenue to Barry K. Dowdell.
- Ordinance No. 1075-10 (Ward 4/K. Johnson): An emergency ordinance authorizing the sale of real property as part of the Land Reutilization Program and located at 2913 East 117th Street to Cleveland Housing Network, Inc.
- Ordinance No. 1077-10 (Ward 7/Dow and Ward 8/J. Johnson): Establishing the Superior Avenue Design Review District (Map Change No. 2337, Sheet No. 4).
- Ordinance No. 1034-10 (Ward 18/Sweeney): Authorizing the Director of Port Control to enter into a Lease Agreement with Servisair USA, Inc. for the lease of office space at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport for office and storage space to support ground handling operation services, for the Department of Port Control, for a period of two years, with one option to renew for an additional one-year period and a second option to renew for approximately sixteen additional months, the first option is exercisable through additional legislative authority.
EAST REGION DESIGN REVIEW
- E 2010-005: Tri-C Emerging Technologies & Energy Center
Burten Bell Carr District
NE corner of Woodland Avenue at E. 30th Street
Project representatives: Jack Baumann, Braun & Steidl Architects, Inc.; Mark Green, Tri-C Capital Planning Architectrks.