Downtown\Flats Design Reveiw Committee & City Planning Commission
Agenda for May 14 & 15, 2009
starts at 9:30 a.m.,
in Room 514 at City Hall.
DESIGN REVIEW COMMITTEE
Draft Agenda for May 14, 2009
Rory Turner, Architect
Hector Vega, Artist
Barbara Williams, Resident
Tom Yablonsky, Planner
Thomas Zarfoss, Landscape Architect
Jennifer Coleman, Architect (Chair)
Melanie Boyd, Architect
Charles Bredt, Local Business Representative
Craig Brown, Landscape Architect
Keith Brown, Realtor
Thom Geist, Local Business Representative
Fred Holman, Architect
Bruce Jackson, Architect
NO MEETING THIS WEEK
starts at 9:00 a.m.,
in Room 514 at City Hall.
CITY PLANNING COMMISSION
Draft Agenda for May 15, 2009
Planning Commission Members
Gloria Jean Pinkney
Robert N. Brown
Anthony J. Coyne, Chairman
David H. Bowen
Lawrence A. Lumpkin
- Ordinance No. 605-09 (Ward 13/Cimperman): Authorizing the Director of Economic Development to enter into a contract with Schofield Properties LLC to provide economic development assistance to partially finance the removal of the non-historic façade of the commercial building located at 2000 East 9th Street and other associated costs necessary to redevelop the property.
- Ordinance No. 606-09 (Ward 21/Keane): Authorizing the Director of Economic Development to enter into a Neighborhood Development Investment Fund contract with Kamm’s Area Realty Management, LLC to provide economic development assistance to partially finance the build-out and improvement of property located at 17404 Lorain Avenue, and other associated costs necessary to redevelop the property.
- Ordinance No. 607-09 (Ward 17/Zone): Designating the Joseph and Feiss Factory as a Cleveland Landmark.
- Ordinance No. 545-09: Authorizing the Director of Parks, Recreation and Properties to execute a deed of easement granting to AT&T certain easement rights in property located at the corner of Arlington and North Woodland Road in the City of Cleveland Heights and declaring the easements rights no longer needed for public use.
- Ordinance No. 597-09 (Various Wards): Determining the method of making the public improvement of constructing, rehabilitating, renovating, replacing or otherwise improving City-owned parks and recreation facilities, including site improvements and appurtenances; authorizing the Director of Parks, Recreation and Properties to enter into one or more contracts for the making of the improvements; to employ one or more architectural, landscape architectural or engineering firms and other consultants necessary to provide professional services relating to the improvement; and authorizing the Director to enter into one more contracts for the making of the improvement to parks and proceed with the improvement to recreation facilities not otherwise improved by the direct employment of the necessary labor, for the Divisions of Recreation and Research, Planning and Development, Department of Parks, Recreation and Properties.
- Ordinance No. 598-09: Determining the method of making the public improvement of constructing, reconstructing, and rehabilitating Cleveland Memorial Gardens, and the Highland and West Park Cemeteries; and authorizing the Director of Parks, Recreation and Properties to enter into one or more public improvement contracts for the making of the improvement.
- Ordinance No. 588-09: Authorizing the Director of Port Control to lease certain property located at 6400 Kolthoff Road in the City of Brook Park to South Shore Cable Construction, Inc. for the purpose of supporting their general business and for light industrial manufacturing, for a term of two years, with two one-year options to renew, exercisable by the Director of Port Control.
- Ordinance No. 589-09 (Ward 20/Sweeney): Determining the method of making the public improvement of Runway Safety Area for Runway 10-28 at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport; authorizing the Director of Port Control to enter into one or more contracts for the making of the improvement; authorizing the Director to employ one or more professional consultants to design the improvement; and to enter into various written standard purchase and requirement contracts needed in connection with the improvement.
U.S. Green Building Council for LEED for Neighborhood Development for both the St. Luke's Neighborhood and the Upper Chester District.
NEAR WEST DESIGN REVIEW DISTRICT
NW 2009-009: Kamal’s Tire (C)
4301 Clark Avenue
Façade Renovation – Storefront and Signage Replacement
Project Representatives – Michel, Kamal & Josie El-Seikali, Owners; John Rakauskas, Rakauskas Architecture – Project Architect
SOUTHEAST DESIGN REVIEW DISTRICT
- SE 2009-006 – Brown’s Town of Tiny Tots (C)
12534 Union Avenue
Mt. Pleasant BRD
Owner: Walter Brown
Project Representative: Dean Guernsey, Dynamic Sign Co.