Downtown\Flats Design Reveiw Committee & City Planning Commission
Agenda for May1, 2009
starts at 9:30 a.m.,
in Room 514 at City Hall.
DESIGN REVIEW COMMITTEE
Draft Agenda for April 30, 2009
Rory Turner, Architect
Hector Vega, Artist
Barbara Williams, Resident
Tom Yablonsky, Planner
Thomas Zarfoss, Landscape Architect
Jennifer Coleman, Architect (Chair)
Melanie Boyd, Architect
Charles Bredt, Local Business Representative
Craig Brown, Landscape Architect
Keith Brown, Realtor
Thom Geist, Local Business Representative
Fred Holman, Architect
Bruce Jackson, Architect
No Meeting this Week
starts at 9:00 a.m.,
in Room 514 at City Hall.
CITY PLANNING COMMISSION
Draft Agenda for May 1, 2009
Planning Commission Members
Gloria Jean Pinkney
Robert N. Brown
Anthony J. Coyne, Chairman
David H. Bowen
Lawrence A. Lumpkin
ZONING MAP AMENDMENTS
- Ordinance No. 413-09 (Ward 21/Keane): To change the zoning of lands on the east and west sides of Rocky River Drive between Woodbury Avenue and Puritas Avenue as shown on the attached map. (Map Change No. 2273, Sheet No. 12).
- Ordinance No. 414-09 (Ward 21/Keane): To change the zoning of a parcel on the south side of Riveredge Rd. (Old Lorain) from Multi-Family Residential to Local Retail Business. (Map Change No. 2274, Sheet No. 12).
- Ordinance No. XXX1-09: To change the zoning of lands located on Bellaire Road (and on Wanda Avenue) between Hirst Avenue and West 130th Street from General Retail Business and Semi-Industry to Local Retail Business, Multi-Family Residential, Two Family and One Family. (Legislation is yet to be introduced.)
- Ordinance Number XXX2-09: To change the zoning of properties located on the north side of Central Avenue, between East 79th Street and East 83rd Street from 1F and GR to Multi-Family Residential. (Legislation is yet to be introduced.)
MMUD1 REQUIREMENT SUSPENSION
Consideration by Planning Commission to suspend or reduce MMUD1 requirements per section 344.11 of Codified Ordinances for
Euclid Corridor Senior Housing LP 7338 & 7350 Euclid Avenue
- Ordinance No. 448-09 (Ward 4/Johnson): Determining the method of making the public improvement of renovating, refurnishing, equipping, and make alterations to the Southern Service Center; authorizing the Director of Public Utilities to enter into one or more public improvement contracts for the making of the improvement; authorizing the Director to employ one or more professional consultants to design the improvement; and to enter into various written standard purchase and requirement contracts needed in connection with the improvement.
- Ordinance No. 506-09 (Ward 5/Cleveland): Authorizing the Director of Economic Development to enter into contract with American Sugar Refining, Inc. to provide economic development assistance to partially finance the expansion of their present facility, construction of a new warehouse facility, and to develop vacant property, located at East 65th and Carnegie, and other associated costs necessary to redevelop the property.
- Ordinance No. 505-09 (Ward 6/Mitchell): Authorizing the Director of Parks, Recreation and Properties to enter into a property adoption agreement with Little Italy Redevelopment Corporation to develop and maintain a community garden at Tony Brush Park; to accept the gift of a Christopher Columbus statue from Little Italy Redevelopment Corporation; and to accept the gift of other public art components to be installed at the park.
- Ordinance No. 514-09 (Ward 13/Cimperman): Determining the method of making the public improvement of rehabilitating Ralph J. Perk Plaza; authorizing the Director of Parks, Recreation and Properties to enter into one or more contracts for the making of the improvement; and authorizing the Director of Parks, Recreation and Properties to apply for and accept one or more grants and gifts from public and private entities to implement improvements to the Ralph J. Perk Plaza. [Administrative Approval 4/23/09]
OTHER LEGISLATION (From Public Service)
- Ordinance No. 450-09: Determining the method of making the public improvement of repairing and constructing roadways, bus pads, sidewalks, driveway aprons, curbs, curb ramps, brick streets, and appurtenances and authorizing the Director of Public Service to enter into one or more public improvement requirement contracts for the making of the improvement, for a one year period.
- Ordinance No. 451-09: Authorizing the Director of Public Service to enter into an agreement or agreements with the Cities of Brook Park and Parma regarding the public improvement of resurfacing Brookpark Road, to among other things, allow the City of Brook Park to make the public improvement on the portion of Brookpark Road that is in the City of Cleveland; and to cause payment to the City of Brook Park for Cleveland’s share of the improvement.
- Ordinance No. 452-09: Giving consent of the City of Cleveland to the Board of County Commissioners and the Director of Transportation of the State of Ohio for the painting of the West 3rd Street Lift Bridge over the Cuyahoga River; authorizing the Director of Public Service to enter into any relative agreements.
- Ordinance No. 453-09: Determining the method of making the public improvement of resurfacing Puritas Avenue between Grayton Road and Rocky River Drive; and authorizing the Director of Public Service to enter into one or more public improvement contracts for the making of the improvement.
- Ordinance No. 454-09: Authorizing the Director of Public Service to employ by contract or contracts one or more professional consultants or one or more firms of professional consultants necessary to perform geotechnical and environmental engineering services, environmental material and testing, and other consulting services.
- Ordinance No. 455-09: To amend Section 4 of Ordinance No. 912-07, passed June 11, 2007, as amended by Ordinance No. 637-08, passed June 9, 2008, relating to the public improvement of removing and replacing the Longmeade Avenue and St. John Avenue culverts to include repairs to the Guardian culvert, and repairing, removing or replacing various bridges under the 2006 Bridge Plan.
Fairfax Strategic Investment Plan presentation